I offer one-to-one counselling sessions and aim to provide these in a location that best suits my clients, whether outdoors, online, by phone, or face to face in a therapy room. Wherever our sessions take place, please be assured that the space will be safe, confidential and focused on your needs.
You can learn more about each option below, or please contact me if you’d like to discuss further or find out more information.
Spending time in nature is proven to have long-term benefits to our mental and physical health. Outdoor therapy involves some walking; either short and gentle or more vigorous, depending your preferences. Benefits of outdoor therapy include:
- Reduction in heart rate and blood pressure
- Calming effect on the nervous system
- Improvements in sleep patterns and energy levels
- Mindful movement, reflected in your internal processing
What I offer: Outdoor sessions in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Kelso and Coldstream.
Face to Face
Indoor therapy is considered the ‘traditional’ way to access counselling support and it too has its own benefits, some of which are:
- A relaxed and comfortable environment
- A quiet and private space
- The option to use creative methods to explore your thoughts and feelings
- Interpersonal connection – facial expressions and body language are easier to read than online
If you have concerns about Covid-19 I am happy to wear a face-covering during appointments.
What I offer: Indoor sessions at Bab’yama Wellness Hub
Online therapy really came to the forefront during the Covid-19 pandemic. Many people prefer to access counselling support online, for a variety of reasons, such as:
- The therapist you would like to work with lives in a different area
- Travelling may be difficult or takes to much time
- You may have a physical or mental health issue which makes it challenging for you to access face to face counselling
- Accessing online counselling from a location that suits you offers you flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
What I offer: Video or phone calls. Clients must be resident in the UK.