I offer one-to-one counselling sessions and aim to provide these in a location that best suits my clients, whether outdoors, online, by phone, or face to face in a therapy room. Wherever our sessions take place, please be assured that the space will be safe, confidential and focused on your needs.
You can learn more about each option below, or please contact me if you’d like to discuss further or find out more information.
Spending time in nature has been proven to have long-term benefits to our mental and physical health. Outdoor therapy involves walking; from a gentle stroll to a more strenuous walk, depending your preferences. Benefits include:
- Reduction in heart rate/blood pressure
- Calming effect on the nervous system
- Improvement to sleep and energy levels
- Mindful movement, reflected in your internal processing
What I offer: Outdoor sessions in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Kelso and Coldstream.
Face to Face
Indoor therapy is considered the ‘traditional’ way to access counselling support and it too has its own benefits, some of which are:
- A relaxed and comfortable environment
- A quiet and private space in which to talk
- The option to use creative methods to explore your thoughts and feelings
- Interpersonal connection – facial expressions and body language can be easier to read than when working online
What I offer: Indoor sessions at Bab’yama Wellness Hub
Online therapy really came to the forefront during the Covid-19 pandemic. Many people prefer to access counselling support online, for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Your therapist may be located too far away to travel for face-to-face appointments
- You may have a physical or mental health issue which makes it challenging for you to access face to face counselling
- You can acess online counselling from a location that suits you or to fit with your lifestyle
What I offer: Video or phone calls. Clients must be resident in the UK.