I’m taking an extended break over Christmas and New Year, from 23rd December to 5th January inclusive. I know that the “festive season” can be a difficult and challenging time for many and so, if you are struggling, I would urge you to reach out for support. Below are some contact numbers and websites that may be helpful:
- SAMARITANS phone 116 123 – available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- CALM 0800 58 58 58 or live webchat, open 5pm-midnight 365 days a year
- SHOUT text “shout” to 85258 – available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year -free from most UK mobile networks
- CHILDLINE call 0800 1111 – support and advice for children and young people on a variety of issues
- PAPYRUS call Hopeline on 0800 068 4141 – available daily 9am-midnight; confidential support and advice for young people under 35 years struggling with suicidal thoughts, or for anyone worried about a young person
- NATIONAL DOMESTICE ABUSE HELPLINE call 0808 2000 247 – available 24 hours, 365 days a year
Otherwise, if you are thinking of accessing counselling support in the new year please contact me and I’ll be in touch on 6th January.
I wish you a peaceful and healthy Christmas and New Year.